We are Confessional Calvinists and a Prayer Book Church-people. In 2012, we remembered the 350th anniversary of the 1662 Book of Common Prayer; also, we remembered the 450th anniversary of John Jewel's sober, scholarly, and Reformed "An Apology of the Church of England." In 2013, we remembered the publication of the "Heidelberg Catechism" and the influence of Reformed theologians in England, including Heinrich Bullinger's Decades. For 2014: Tyndale's NT translation. For 2015, John Roger, Rowland Taylor and Bishop John Hooper's martyrdom, burned at the stakes. Books of the month. December 2014: Alan Jacob's "Book of Common Prayer" at: http://www.amazon.com/Book-Common-Prayer-Biography-Religious/dp/0691154813/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1417814005&sr=8-1&keywords=jacobs+book+of+common+prayer. January 2015: A.F. Pollard's "Thomas Cranmer and the English Reformation: 1489-1556" at: http://www.amazon.com/Thomas-Cranmer-English-Reformation-1489-1556/dp/1592448658/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1420055574&sr=8-1&keywords=A.F.+Pollard+Cranmer. February 2015: Jaspar Ridley's "Thomas Cranmer" at: http://www.amazon.com/Thomas-Cranmer-Jasper-Ridley/dp/0198212879/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1422892154&sr=8-1&keywords=jasper+ridley+cranmer&pebp=1422892151110&peasin=198212879
Sunday, September 30, 2012
Rev. Wright answering questions (3 of 3)
Reverend Jeremiah Wright smugly answering pre-screened written questions from the audience and press at the National Press Club in Washington, DC, in response to national criticism and formal distancing of presidential candidate Obama. The nation of Islam provided security. Aired on National Television: 4/28/08 9:47AM.
13. Former President Bill Clinton has been widely critical in this campaign. Many African Americans think he has said things aimed at defining Senator Obama as the black candidate. What do you think of President Clinton's comments, especially before the South Carolina Primary?
14. Please explain how the black church and the white church can reconcile.
15. You said there is a lack of understand by people of other backgrounds than African American Church. What are some of those misunderstands and how would you report to fix them, when particularly when some of them are found to be offensive by white churches.
16. Jesus said I am the way, the truth, and the life, no man comeith to the father but though me. Do you believe this, and do you believe Islam is a way of salvation?
17. Do you think people of other races would feel welcomed at your church?
18. You first gained significant media attention for your sermons several weeks ago, why did you wait so long before giving the public your side of the sound bit story?
19. Do you think it is God's will Senator Obama be President?
20. Is Rev. Wright a 75 year old angry black man, are all 75 year-old black men angry. Is that funny, is that true, what do you think?