- Nehemiah 8:1 Hebrew, as one man.
- Nehemiah 8:2 Which had age and discretion to understand.
- Nehemiah 8:3 This declareth the great zeal, that the people had to hear the word of God.They read and praised the Lord.
- Nehemiah 8:9 In considering their offences against the Law. Therefore the Levites do not reprove them for mourning, but assure them of God’s mercies forasmuch as they are repentant.
- Nehemiah 8:10 That is, remember the poor.
- Nehemiah 8:10 Rejoice in the Lord, and he will give you strength.It can be best summarized by Psalm 119 broadly and verse 11 more specifically.
- Psalm 119:11 If God’s word be graven in our hearts, we shall be more able to resist the assaults of Satan: and therefore the Prophet desireth God to instruct him daily more and more therein.Questions:
- The centrality of the Bible in worship in 2014?
- Joey Osteen?
- Your own local parish? More preaching than Bible reading? If so, why?
- What was Cranmer’s view of the power of the reading of the Bible?
- Others who evince this confidence in the Bible itself, alone, sufficiently, powerfully, and totally?