- Nehemiah 1:7 Hebrew, corrupted.
- Nehemiah 1:11 That is, to worship thee.
- Nehemiah 1:11 To wit, the king Artaxerxes.
- Nehemiah 2:1 Which was the first month of the year, and containeth part of March and part of April.
- Nehemiah 2:4 I desired God in mine heart to prosper mine enterprise.
- Nehemiah 2:7 Or, Euphrates.
- Nehemiah 2:8 Or, Paradise.
- Nehemiah 2:8 As God moved me to ask, and as he gave me good success therein.Upon arrival in Jerusalem, he sought everyone’s help. But local governors were not amused. Sanballat, Tobiah and Gesham, regional rulers, sought to obstruct the rebuilding effort. They threw up various efforts at opposition. It’s expected from reprobates and pagan idolaters. We ought expect the same.Madness was one claim by one reprobatish ruler.Nehemiah 4.2.
- Nehemiah 4:2 Of his companions that dwelt in Samaria.
- Nehemiah 4:2 Thus the wicked that consider not that God’s power is ever in a readiness for the defense of his, mock them as though they were weak and feeble.Tobiah offered his own reprobatish taunts.Nehemiah 4.3.
- Nehemiah 4:4 This is the remedy that the children of God have against the derision and threatenings of their enemies, to flee to God by prayer.
- Nehemiah 4:4 Let them be spoiled and led away captive.In defiance of the reprobates and pagans, the covenant children proceed in faith, rebuilt the walls and rehung the gates in 52 days on 2 October 445 B.C.There, there Sanballat, Tobiah, Gesham and all reprobates.The enemies were humiliated and frightened by the rising Church…then, like now.Reprobates fear God in the sense of dread and hatred. They are theophobes…then, like now. They hate a rising Church.Questions:
- Fear of humans?
- Fear of opponents?
- Fear of individuals?
- What of the role of imprecatory Psalms and prayers?
- Why did American Episcopalians go squishy on imprecatory prayers and Psalms, including the Reformed Episcopal outfit?