Reformed Churchmen

We are Confessional Calvinists and a Prayer Book Church-people. In 2012, we remembered the 350th anniversary of the 1662 Book of Common Prayer; also, we remembered the 450th anniversary of John Jewel's sober, scholarly, and Reformed "An Apology of the Church of England." In 2013, we remembered the publication of the "Heidelberg Catechism" and the influence of Reformed theologians in England, including Heinrich Bullinger's Decades. For 2014: Tyndale's NT translation. For 2015, John Roger, Rowland Taylor and Bishop John Hooper's martyrdom, burned at the stakes. Books of the month. December 2014: Alan Jacob's "Book of Common Prayer" at: http://www.amazon.com/Book-Common-Prayer-Biography-Religious/dp/0691154813/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1417814005&sr=8-1&keywords=jacobs+book+of+common+prayer. January 2015: A.F. Pollard's "Thomas Cranmer and the English Reformation: 1489-1556" at: http://www.amazon.com/Thomas-Cranmer-English-Reformation-1489-1556/dp/1592448658/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1420055574&sr=8-1&keywords=A.F.+Pollard+Cranmer. February 2015: Jaspar Ridley's "Thomas Cranmer" at: http://www.amazon.com/Thomas-Cranmer-Jasper-Ridley/dp/0198212879/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1422892154&sr=8-1&keywords=jasper+ridley+cranmer&pebp=1422892151110&peasin=198212879

Saturday, October 29, 2011

SGMgate: The End in View

Dave Harvey, Acting SGM President, during
Mahaney's (feigned) Leave of Absence.  Dave, the
Judge, Jury Selector, Jury, Prosecutor
and (often) Keystone Kop-Detective.  He also acts, sells cars,
and has some great dance routines. 
He wears many hats.
It looks like the ballgame is over.  Completely over.  Harvey takes over the process and the independent panel is gone.  This is about as obvious as it gets. 

http://www.brentdetwiler.com/brentdetwilercom/2011/10/29/all-is-lost.html

All Is Lost!

I just read Dave Harvey's blog post. There is no hope for truth and justice.


Total terror and fear
of an open, recorded, and honest
adjudicative process.  Brent
gets the boot--again, like others.
Dave repeatedly quotes me out of context. For example, "unjust" and "bogus." Two words completely removed from their sentences and paragraphs and posts. It is just more spin. Honestly, I can't keep up. I could write forever. It is exhausting. I have never done this with C.J. or SGM. I always quote at length and in context. Not Dave. That is the only way he can get away with his spin.

The three panels Dave puts forth will be mini-kangaroo courts by definition. I won't have any idea what people are saying. I can't cross examine their statements. I can't challenge what they say. As a result, the panels won't be able to discern the lies, deceit, and "faulty" memory of those who testify against. This brings back really bad nightmares! They've learned nothing about due process.
If SGM was interested in truth they would allow every statement to be contested by me. That is why the adjudication hearing was so important. Every statement to panelists must be cross examined and must be backed up by primary source documents. Not memory. Memory often kills the truth. People can say anything if memory is their guide. This won't happen now and I've never done so. I've always sighted documents or quotes that were recorded or written down verbatim. Not SGM. They have never refuted me with documents. Never corrected me with evidence.

If Dave Harvey and the SGM Board are really interested in the truth they would allow for an open trial. Let it be recorded. Let it be videotaped. Let it be streamed live on the internet. But this will never happened. They are obsessed with controlling the message and the process.

They don't tell you so but it is only under extreme pressure from the SGM pastors, the AoR representatives, and people like Ken Sande and Jim Pappadeas that the SGM Board was effectively forced to allow the additional steps outlined in Dave's blog post. Nevertheless, they are still in control even though they consented to these capitulations.

Let's get honest. Let me speak before all of the movement. The SGM Board has now buried my voice. I've been shoved into "Group Reconciliation." But I've said all I can possibly say to AoR. If Ted Kober has any questions about what I've told him or the 1,000 pages I've sent him, he is welcome to call me. I am glad to talk. Dave distorts my view so badly and so often in his post.

So, let's do a real hearing in front of all the movement. No behind the scenes maneuverings. No back door discussions. No confidential conversations. Just evidence, witnesses, honestly and accountability. Let C.J. defend himself if my "rantings and ravings" are so outrageous. It should be an easy effort. Remember folks, the entire SGM Board already declared that nothing in my writings gave them any concern that C.J. might not be above reproach. Great. Prove it but let every one hear my prosecution and C.J.'s defense.

Dave's blog post contains so, so, so many errors! No one should believe what he says about me. Killing the adjudication hearing was a means to silencing me. They don't want me to speak. And I've repeated agree to meet if they simply provided me honest answers and saw the need for a public confession by C.J. That's all. But they have never referenced this. Yet it is plan in all of my writings. They promised to answer my questions, points and illustrations but they broke their word and none of them every saw any need for C.J. to confess anything in public. That is why we never met. Read my documents for the truth not Dave's blog posts which are false.

And last of all for tonight. It is part of the SGM plan to make it sound like I am the only one who has raised very seriously concerns for C.J. and SGM. This too is spin par excellence. It could not be further from the truth. I challenge the SGM Board to release to the public every letter, email, and FB message they have received since July 6. If they did, it would scare the daylights out of every SGM member.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brent my brother; you must be tired. I know I'm tired of the SGM controversy and I still have a hard time reading anything you write. But I try.

Anyhow, your place in SGM history is certainly etched in stone.

Someday, when they hold your funeral I wonder how you will be remembered? Good man?, Good husband?, Good father? I doubt it.

Instead you have become Captain Ahab to SGM's Moby Dick. The obsession never ends. And that will be the theme of your eulogy. "He chased SGM until he died."

That's a truely sad eulogy.

Reformation said...

It is wearisome for sure.

Thanks, Seneca.