American Student Life
Encountering German Liberalism
Pre War Period
World War One
Post War Period
Westminster Theological Seminary
The Orthodox Presbyterian Church
Religion and politics
Machen was suspicious of mixing religion and politics. He found attempts to establish a Christian culture by political means insensitive to minorities. He was even more concerned about the corrupting influence of politics on Christianity and saw the social gospel as a terrible warning. He opposed school prayer and Bible reading in public school. This position, however, implied that Christians should run their own schools.
- "The Origin of Paul's Religion" (1921) online
- Christianity and Liberalism (1923) ISBN 0-8028-1121-3
- What is faith? (1925)
- New Testament Greek for Beginners (3rd printing was 1925)
- The virgin birth of Christ (1930)
- The Christian faith in the modern world (1936)
- The Christian view of man (1937)
- God transcendent (1949) edited by Ned B. Stonehouse from Machen's sermons, ISBN 0-85151-355-7.
- What is Christianity? and other addresses (1951) edited by Ned B. Stonehouse
- The New Testament : an introduction to its literature and history (1976) edited by W. John Cook from two sets of Machen's course materials, ISBN 0-85151-240-2.
- Coray, Henry W. (1981). J. Gresham Machen: A Silhouette. Grand Rapids 1981, Kregel Publications. ISBN 0-8254-2327-9.
- Gatiss, L (2008). Christianity and the Tolerance of Liberalism: J.Gresham Machen and the Presbyterian Controversy of 1922-1937. London, Latimer Trust ISBN 978-0-946307-63-0
- Hart, D. G. (2003). Defending the Faith: J. Gresham Machen and the Crisis of Conservative Protestantism in Modern America. P & R Publishing. ISBN 0-87552-563-6
- Machen, J. Gresham (1923). Christianity and Liberalism. Wm. B. Eerdmans Publishing Company. ISBN 0-8028-1121-3
- George M. Marsden: "Understanding J. Gresham Machen." In Understanding Fundamentalism and Evangelicalism p. 182-201. Grand Rapids 1991, Eerdmans. ISBN 0-8028-0539-6.
- Noll, M. A. (1988). "John Gresham Machen". In S. B. Ferguson, D. F. Wright, and J. I. Packer (Eds.), The New Dictionary of Theology. Inter-Varsity Press, Leicester. ISBN 0-8308-1400-0
- Stonehouse, Ned B. (1987). J. Gresham Machen - A Biographical Memoir (3rd ed.). Banner of Truth Trust, Edinburgh. ISBN 0-85151-501-0. (Republished by the Committee for the Historian of the Orthodox Presbyterian Church. ISBN 0-934688-97-4.)
- The Origin of Paul's Religion by Machen
- Christianity and Liberalism by Machen
- Christianity and Culture an essay by Machen. Princeton Theological Review. Vol. 11, 1913.
- A Brief Bible History: A Survey of the Old and New Testaments by Machen and James Boyd
- On the Deity of Christ by Machen
- A Short History of the Life of J. G. Machen by Professor Craig S. Hawkins
- Christianity, Liberalism, and the New Evangelicalism by Carl Trueman
- J. Gresham Machen Sean Richardson's links to articles by Machen on various sites.
- Machen's Warrior Children by John M. Frame
- The Machen trial by an unidentified newspaper of the time.
- John Gresham Machen's Gravesite
- J. Gresham Machen: A Forgotten Libertarian| The Foundation for Economic Education: The Freeman, Ideas on Liberty at www.fee.org J. Gresham Machen: A Forgotten Libertarian]
- Machen and the OPC at opc.org Machen and the OPC
- History & Faith