- Why does the story of the English Reformation get so little press at VOL?
- Was there a serious agenda-driven effort to debunk and belittle Foxe’s Acts and Monuments by Tractarians?
- Who would genuinely die for their faith these days? Why doesn’t Rick Warren and Joel Osteen, with their related ilk, ever tell these stories? What about Crouch’s TBN-outfit?
- Why would a Tractholic like Wally Grundsorf, Anglican Province of America, laugh at the English Reformation? Yes, we have a very believable eyewitness report about Wally and one of his Tracto-SSC axemen. What about ACNA-Jack and ACNA-Keith? What were the genuine issues of the Reformation and why was there an anti-Reformation movement in the Church of England?
- Why are The Thirty-nine Articles so neglected?
We are Confessional Calvinists and a Prayer Book Church-people. In 2012, we remembered the 350th anniversary of the 1662 Book of Common Prayer; also, we remembered the 450th anniversary of John Jewel's sober, scholarly, and Reformed "An Apology of the Church of England." In 2013, we remembered the publication of the "Heidelberg Catechism" and the influence of Reformed theologians in England, including Heinrich Bullinger's Decades. For 2014: Tyndale's NT translation. For 2015, John Roger, Rowland Taylor and Bishop John Hooper's martyrdom, burned at the stakes. Books of the month. December 2014: Alan Jacob's "Book of Common Prayer" at: http://www.amazon.com/Book-Common-Prayer-Biography-Religious/dp/0691154813/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1417814005&sr=8-1&keywords=jacobs+book+of+common+prayer. January 2015: A.F. Pollard's "Thomas Cranmer and the English Reformation: 1489-1556" at: http://www.amazon.com/Thomas-Cranmer-English-Reformation-1489-1556/dp/1592448658/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1420055574&sr=8-1&keywords=A.F.+Pollard+Cranmer. February 2015: Jaspar Ridley's "Thomas Cranmer" at: http://www.amazon.com/Thomas-Cranmer-Jasper-Ridley/dp/0198212879/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1422892154&sr=8-1&keywords=jasper+ridley+cranmer&pebp=1422892151110&peasin=198212879