1599 Geneva Bible (GNV)
- Jeremiah 36:4 As he did indite.
- Jeremiah 36:5 Meaning, in prison, through the malice of the Priests.
- Jeremiah 36:6 Which was proclaimed for fear of the Babylonians, as their custom was when they feared war, or any great plague of God.
- Jeremiah 36:7 He showeth that fasting without prayer and repentance, availeth nothing, but is mere hypocrisy.
- Jeremiah 36:9 The fast was then proclaimed, and Baruch read this rule, which was a little before that Jerusalem was first taken, and then Jehoiakim, and Daniel and his companions were led away captives.
- Jeremiah 36:10 Which is the East gate of the Temple.