One of my very revered and honoured Professors who left his very personal and deep mark on this student. He had very serious scholarly credentials. It showed in the classroom but also "while walking in the way." I remember, rather humorously one night following class, him saying, "Time to go home and read some Jesuit casuistry in Latin." (He had an M.A. in the classics.) He chuckled in that quiet way. He also was a serious, devout, and pious Anglican Prayer Book man. He was "just one of those few men" one encounters, remembers, and gives thanks for in this Christian pilgrimmage. He was this student's Ezra.
Philip Edgecumbe Hughes
From 1953-1956 he was Secretary of Church Society; and from 1959-1967 editor of Church Society's journal, The Churchman. From 1964 he moved to the United States to teach at American seminaries, including Westminster Theological Seminary.
- A Commentary on the Epistle to the Hebrews, 1987
- Paul's Second Epistle to the Corinthians, New International Commentary on the New Testament, 1962
- Commentary on the Book of Revelation published by Inter-varsity Press in 1990 in what has become the Pillar New Testament Commentary series. It is now out of print and will be replaced in the series by D. A. Carson's treatment of Revelation.
- The True Image: The Origin and Destiny of Man in Christ, 1989
- Theology of the English Reformers 1960, ISBN 0-8010-4267-4.pdf