Reformed Churchmen

We are Confessional Calvinists and a Prayer Book Church-people. In 2012, we remembered the 350th anniversary of the 1662 Book of Common Prayer; also, we remembered the 450th anniversary of John Jewel's sober, scholarly, and Reformed "An Apology of the Church of England." In 2013, we remembered the publication of the "Heidelberg Catechism" and the influence of Reformed theologians in England, including Heinrich Bullinger's Decades. For 2014: Tyndale's NT translation. For 2015, John Roger, Rowland Taylor and Bishop John Hooper's martyrdom, burned at the stakes. Books of the month. December 2014: Alan Jacob's "Book of Common Prayer" at: http://www.amazon.com/Book-Common-Prayer-Biography-Religious/dp/0691154813/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1417814005&sr=8-1&keywords=jacobs+book+of+common+prayer. January 2015: A.F. Pollard's "Thomas Cranmer and the English Reformation: 1489-1556" at: http://www.amazon.com/Thomas-Cranmer-English-Reformation-1489-1556/dp/1592448658/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1420055574&sr=8-1&keywords=A.F.+Pollard+Cranmer. February 2015: Jaspar Ridley's "Thomas Cranmer" at: http://www.amazon.com/Thomas-Cranmer-Jasper-Ridley/dp/0198212879/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1422892154&sr=8-1&keywords=jasper+ridley+cranmer&pebp=1422892151110&peasin=198212879

Friday, August 6, 2010

CBN: Benny Hinn Opens Up



Benny Hinn, "I gotta get outta Rome fast and, oh, oh, that National Enquirer article. I'm outta here."

Although a sleazy rag, "The National Enquirer," in fact, successfully discovered that the Rev. Mr. Jesse Jackson had an illegitimate child, that Rush Limbaugh had a painkiller addiction, that Tiger Woods was having an affair or two, that the former Presidential candidate and NC Senator, John Edwards had an affair and love child, and, recently, that former VP Al Gore's attempted trysts at midnight.

Neither Benny nor Paula denied the authenticated photos.

Benny, "I'm outta here and outta Rome on my ministry Learjet. Gotta lay low now. Still got the divorce pending too. But I need $2 million dollars, but my dear followers for ministry expenses like this jet, the $10,000/night hotel costs and associated costs...all this, my dear followers, so I can serve the Gospel around the world (oops, don't mention `forgetting my dysfunctional family for years')."

Benny Hinn, "I gotta get outta Rome fast and, oh, oh, that National Enquirer article. I'm outta here."

Although a sleazy rag, "The National Enquirer," in fact, successfully discovered that the Rev. Mr. Jesse Jackson had an illegitimate child, that Rush Limbaugh had a painkiller addiction, that Tiger Woods was having an affair or two, that the former Presidential candidate and NC Senator, John Edwards had an affair and love child, and, recently, that former VP Al Gore's attempted trysts at midnight.

Neither Benny nor Paula denied the authenticated photos.

Benny, "I'm outta here and outta Rome on my ministry Learjet. Gotta lay low now. Still got the divorce pending too. But I need $2 million dollars, but my dear followers for ministry expenses like this jet, the $10,000/night hotel costs and associated costs...all this, my dear followers, so I can serve the Gospel."

------------------------
"This is Your Day," Benny's TBN-broadcast, 5 Aug 10, appears to have pulled the program from Benny's website (http://www.bennyhinn.org/television/default.cfm). Although CBN reports on the now-long-gone-1-day-gone telecast of 5 Aug. It disappeared from Hinn's site 6 Aug. Hinn's "handlers" (snake handlers) were atop the media game and had it pulled for--as we would say aboard a ship--DC, that is, "Damage Control." It will work for those not watching closely

We have a factual conflict between Benny's website and CBN's report. Below is the CBN report.
We believe CBN's coverage.

http://search.cbn.com/search?q=cache:EpPABUzwfVEJ:www.cbn.com/cbnnews/us/2010/August/Evangelist-Benny-Hinn-Opens-Heart-to-Viewers/+benny+hinn&output=xml_no_dtd&client=cbn_default&ie=UTF-8&proxystylesheet=cbn_default&site=CBNNews&access=p&oe=UTF-8

Evangelist Benny Hinn opened up to his viewers Thursday, talking about his marriage, mistakes he's made and the recent accusation against him of an affair.

Hinn's wife, Suzanne, filed for divorce in February. On the Aug. 5 edition of his show "This is your Day," Hinn admitted the two had "challenges," but that he never expected her decision to end things.

"We had troubles for a long time. And I would ask her often... 'Would you ever divorce me?'" Hinn shared. "She said, 'Never because I fear God too much. She said, 'My covenant is with God, not you.'"

"And I guess she could no longer handle it. One day she did it to my shock," he added.

Painful Admission

The pair married in 1979 and have three daughters and a son.

Hinn said it's often painful to talk about their separation, which began well before the divorce was announced.

"We've had to be very quiet to protect the ministry, the work of the Lord," he said. "But sadly when you are a public person, everything you do becomes public."

"I don't care how strong you are," Hinn continued. "I don't care if the anointing of God is mighty on you. Nobody wants to be alone. I don't care who you are. I am a human being just like you."

In a heartfelt moment after his children joined him on stage during the show, Hinn said he was oftentimes so "busy in the ministry" that he forgot about his family.

"That's probably what broke the whole thing up. And they've said to me... 'hey daddy, you've never been here,'" Hinn said. "So I've made mistakes because I wasn't the perfect husband and the perfect dad because I was always gone traveling the world."

He urged those watching to focus on their family an not lose sight of what's important.

"Because if you neglect your family you'll suffer pain. You got to focus on your family," Hinn said.

No Infidelity 'And That's a Fact'

The televangelist firmly maintained that no infidelity was involved in his divorce and denounced a recent story by the National Enquirer suggesting otherwise.

"She and I kept a clean life, that's a fact," Hinn said. "We kept our marriage vows. There was nothing immoral ever on her part or my part. And I want you to know to this minute, I am clean and so is she."

In a July 23 article, the National Enquirer claimed Hinn was having an affair with fellow evangelist Paula White and published photos of the two leaving a Rome hotel together holding hands.

Hinn called the article a "pure lie."

"They did not even call me to ask me questions. They simply came up with their own story," he said. "That's wicked. It's totally wicked."

Hinn explained that he was appointed "Patron of the Arts" by the Vatican and asked to find donors so their art collections could be maintained. He chose White as one of those donors.

"I let her come with me to Rome so she can donate money. That was stupid on my part. And for that, I do ask forgiveness," he said. "But that was an innocent mistake -- nothing to do with stupid stuff."

Hinn added that it was "sad" that even some ministers believed the article.

Communing with Christ

The teevangelist has spent more than 30 years in worldwide ministry and says he's using prayer time to focus his attention even more on God.

"Now, I'm going to go on serving Jesus with all my being," Hinn said. "And whatever the future holds, that's His business.

Hinn asked for prayer as he continues his journey and also prayer for his family.

"This Is Your Day" is a widely watched Christian program, broadcast daily in 200 countries.

Related Stories:
Evangelist Benny Hinn Asks for $2M in Donations

Evangelists Hinn, White Deny Affair Allegations

2 comments:

A.C. Hegeman said...

This is a wonderful site. I enjoy the music and readings. I am, however, less than impressed with several articles about Benny Hinn. It demeans the quality of the other excellent materials you post. Do I like Mr Hinn. Nope! But why don't you leave negative messaging about his failings to the National Inquirer. This publication will do a much better job of trashing him. And those of us who feel a need to keep current with the ongoing saga of Mr Hinn, Mr Jackson, Mr. Edwards and other jerks can find the latest information there.

Reformation said...

A stupid response. Hinn is a first-rate loon and we record that here. Glad you like the site, but we give no quarter, no inch, no foot, not yard and certainly no mile to this loon-bag, liar, and deceiver. Keep reading.